Barn raising en idea party

Plaats reactie
Marlo
Site Admin

Barn raising en idea party

Bericht door Marlo » 28-03-2013 10:58

Ik wil het hier hebben over "Barn raising" en
een "idea party" .

Eerst een "Barn Raising". Ik heb dit idee uit het boek van Barbara Sher, "wishcraft!"

Simpel gezegd, mensen komen samen en vertellen hun ideen , projecten, problemen en er wordt gekeken of die opgelost kunnen worden door iemand uit de groep , of door iemand die iemand kent die iemand kent die iemand kent die iemand kent etc.

Quotes hieronder komen uit het boek :wishcraft van Barbara Sher.
How many of those people should you invite to a barn-raising? In a pinch, you can just have lunch with your best friend, or even talk to her on the phone. Two heads, and two people’s resources, are more than twice as good as one. But the more people you pull in, the more help and ideas you’ll get, because everyone will be inspired by hearing what everyone else has to offer. Four or five is a good working number. Fifteen is about the most you can comfortably fit into your living room. (Anything over fifteen also calls for a slightly more formal procedure, so we’ll talk about how to throw a large-scale barn-raising after I describe how the basic version works.) As with brainstorming, it’s helpful, though not mandatory, to get people of a variety of ages, backgrounds, and occupations: someone from Montreal, someone in her sixties, someone in movies, a carpenter, a stockbroker, an encyclopedia salesman, a shrink. You can ask a few of your friends to bring along their most interesting friends—or their husbands or grandmothers. It’s not necessary for everyone to know everyone else. Success Teams barn-raisings start with a roomful of total strangers
Your get-together can begin and end with socializing, but in the middle it’s got to be a business meeting, with everyone’s attention focused on the problem at hand. You start things off by telling everyone, first, all about your goal, and second, everything you’ve figured out you need in order to get it. For instance: “My dream is to start a horse ranch and riding stable. I’ve already got my first horse, and she didn’t cost me a fraction of what I expected. What costs is the tack! I need leads to second-hand saddles, bridles, and blankets that I can buy cheap or trade for riding lessons. I also need customers—people who would like to take private riding instruction for ten dollars an hour.” Or: “I’m going to move out to Colorado and start a small publishing house called Mountainbooks. I’ve got to find a partner or investor with enough money to back the enterprise for two years. This is a shot in the dark, but does anybody know anybody who might have a personal contact to John Denver or Robert Redford? I also need personal contacts to small-press publishers and to writers who specialize in the outdoors and nature field.” Be ready with pencil and paper, because the ideas will really start flowing.
I’ll give you an example of how this works. Could you put me in personal contact with someone who speaks and writes fluent Chinese and could translate into English? It doesn’t have to be someone you know personally; it could be a friend of a friend, or a waiter in your favorite Chinese restaurant, or a professor at a university where a friend of yours teaches. But I want a name, an address, a phone number, and the name of the go-between, so that I can go in and say, “So and so sent me.”
I’ll bet that the farthest thing from your mind just now was the people in your personal universe who know Chinese. But if you give it a few minutes’ thought, I’ll bet you’ll realize that you can solve my problem. If, on the other hand, I had said, “I’d like to have a pen pal in Peking; can you help me?” the chances are that—unless I was making a clear request for brainstorming—you would have shrugged your shoulders and felt helpless.
Before you can get what you need, you’ve got to take responsibility for knowing what you need. Being clear and specific about your needs is one of the most important ways of treating yourself like a winner. It’s also the signal to everyone else that you’re serious about your goal. So if what you need is Hard Times—and an ill-defined problem often conceals fear or pain—ask for Hard Times. If you need ideas, ask for brainstorming. And if you need a tractor or violin, ask for a tractor or violin. The chances are excellent that you’ll get it.
The second rule for getting the most out of a barn-raising is: always ask for the most specific information you can get—names, addresses, phone numbers, book titles, etc. Remember that what you are aiming for is to get your flow chart down to first steps—things you can do today or tomorrow. If
you want to make the move from executive secretary to executive, and Anne says, “Hey, I know somebody who did it,” don’t say, “Wow, great!” Get that woman’s phone number and write it down. If you need a write-up in the local paper and Bill’s best friend’s wife works there as a copy editor, get her number so you can call and ask if she knows a reporter. If Joe knows three magazines you should run classified ads in for your book-find service, write down their names and ask Joe if he has copies you can borrow tonight.
Do you feel like saying, “Hey, wait a minute! Not so fast!”? Right. That’s because we’re getting out of the nice, comfortable realm of fantasy and into the frightening realm of real action. You’re going to follow up on the leads you get from barn-raising—tomorrow and the next day and the next. That’s what makes your goal really happen. It can also make you very nervous. That’s why the next section of this book is all about how to set up a support system that will keep you going when you feel like crawling into bed and pulling the covers over your head. But one of the best things about throwing a barn-raising is that you’ve already got some of the raw materials for your support system right there with you in the room.

Marlo
Site Admin

Bericht door Marlo » 28-03-2013 12:27

Als mensen in zo'n barn raising intresse hebben dan hoor ik dat graag en dan organiseren we dat hier.

het kan bv een dag zijn, of een week waarop we dit op het forum kunnen doen. Niet langer want dan is de effectiviteit weg.

Mocht je mee willen doen laat het dan weten en dan regel ik een en ander.

Wel is belangrijk dat je bovenstaande leest, en als je geen engels leest vraag het dan even wat een en ander betekent.

Dit is een mooi tegenwicht tegen wat Barbara Sher noemt, "pathologic individualism."

Het lijkt mij erg zinnig om te doen.

Laat het weten

Met vriendelijke groeten

Marlo

Marlo
Site Admin

Bericht door Marlo » 28-03-2013 13:59

Hier staat het boek 'wishcraft" van BarbarSher online:

http://wishcraft.com/

Barn raising staat in Hoofdtsuk 7.

Met vriendelijke groeten

Marlo

Salal

Bericht door Salal » 05-05-2013 22:49

Krijg nou wat.
Ik kom hier elke dag, ik had het niet gezien, maar ik vind het een heel leuk idee.
Maar wou je dat op een open forum doen, marlo?
I love outlaws

Salal

Bericht door Salal » 05-05-2013 22:50

Krijg nou wat.
Ik kom hier elke dag, ik had het niet gezien, maar ik vind het een heel leuk idee.
Maar wou je dat op een open forum doen, Marlo?
I love outlaws

Marlo
Site Admin

Bericht door Marlo » 15-05-2013 21:49

Salal schreef:Krijg nou wat.
Maar wou je dat op een open forum doen, Marlo?
Salal, sorry voor mijn late reactie.

Ja, ik wil dat hier op het forum doen, als er interesse voor is uiteraard.

Met vriendelijke groeten

Marlo

Salal

Bericht door Salal » 16-05-2013 23:37

Marlo schreef:Ja, ik wil dat hier op het forum doen, als er interesse voor is uiteraard.
Voelt voor mij te kwetsbaar. Kan je niet een gesloten gedeelte creëren?
I love outlaws

Marlo
Site Admin

Bericht door Marlo » 17-05-2013 11:37

Salal schreef:
Marlo schreef:Ja, ik wil dat hier op het forum doen, als er interesse voor is uiteraard.
Voelt voor mij te kwetsbaar. Kan je niet een gesloten gedeelte creëren?
goed dat je het zegt. Ik zal er eens induiken, zeer zeker, maar geef me even de tijd want ik heb momenteel erg veel op mijn bordje liggen.

Maar tof dat jij het een leuk idee vind, nu de rest nog! ;)

Met vriendelijke groeten

Marlo

Plaats reactie